Posted on March 10, 2008 by Nick Cadey
After extensive cutting and pasting I came to the conclusion that there was no right or wrong way to quit smoking and that every person has different needs. My key concerns were:
Detoxing and flushing out the nicotine as quickly as possible
Dealing with the munchies, increased appetite and consequently weight gain
Having something to do with my hands
Stopping myself going mental
To combat these I have:
Consumed at least 3 litres of water a day
Stopped caffeine consumption
Gone a bit mental
Eaten loads of vegetables, nuts and seeds
Taken Cortitrim 3 times a day
Most of these items are obvious, Cortitrim is detailed below…
This complementary medicine is used to:
* Aid or assist the body to adapt and cope with stressful situations and the effects of emotions, biological and environmental stress.
* Aid in the management stress hormone levels
* Assist with weight loss and weight management in conjunction with a diet and exercise program.
* Reduce calorie intake by suppressing the appetite.
* Regulate the metabolism of carbohydrates and fat.
* Improve physical and mental performance.
* Aid fat loss and promotes lean body mass, improving body composition.
* Improve energy levels and vitality in times of fatigue exhaustion tiredness
* Provide nutritional support for those embarking on an exercise and diet program
* Provide an antioxidant action
How does CortiTrim work?
Siberian Ginseng and Ashwagandha are adaptogenics, or anti-stress herbs, which exhibit an extraordinary capacity for enhancing our adaptive responses by exerting a non specific normalizing effect on our bodies. Adaptogenics can prevent stress from taking such a toll on our nervous, immune and hormonal systems. They promote adaptability to all types of stress, including environmental and emotional. Green Tea, Siberian Ginseng, and Withania assist physical fitness by improving physical performance, energy level by reducing fatigue tiredness and exhaustion that might be experienced during times of stress or strenuous diet and exercise programs. Cortitrim also contains B-complex and Chromium to aid in the metabolism of carbohydrates and fats, improve body composition and assist in fat loss and to help nutritional support during a low calorie diet program.
What results can I expect from Cortitrim?
Although results will vary from person to person due to metabolic and hormonal factors, when used in conjunction with proper diet and exercise Cortitrim may help reduce overall stress levels in as little as a few days, a visible reduction in belly fat within four to six weeks, and significant results within three months.
Filed under: Health, You can stop smoking | Tagged: cortitrim, get healthy, smoking, stop smoking, sydney | 3 Comments »
Posted on February 25, 2008 by Nick Cadey
Everyone benefits from taking a good multivitamin daily, but there are specific needs for men:
- Vitamins A, C, E, F and Folic Acid are required for sperm production;
- Zinc is important for hormonal balance and is important to keep up sex drive;
- Drinking alcohol depletes zinc stores;
- Alcohol also depletes B vitamins which are important for the nervous system;
‘A diet high in saturated fats – full cream milk, red meat, cheese – can prevent the uptake of essential fatty acids which are required for healthy functioning of heart, immune system and mental health,’ says nutritionist, Ingrid Haitink.
The importance of zinc
Every ejaculation, according to Ingrid, accounts for 1.5mg of zinc lost! Zinc is stored by the prostate gland and if it is deficient sperm count is reduced and it can cause impotence, mental lethargy, emotional problems and a lack of libido.
A high source of zinc is oysters –the reason why they are considered to be an aphrodisiac!
If a man has enough zinc through his food or supplementation it may even keep his prostate gland healthy reducing the incidence of infections and inflammation. Foods high in zinc:
- Sesame seeds
- Brewer’s yeast
- Pumpkin seeds
- Brazil nuts, pecans and peanuts
- Wholewheat bread
- Shrimps and crab
- Beef and lamb
- Rye and oats
- Wholemeal flour
Filed under: Health, Sydney - where to eat, You can stop smoking | Tagged: food high in zinc, get healthy, male health, stop smoking, vitamins for men | Leave a comment »